Updated on: February 19, 2020
Revenue Collective, Inc. (hereinafter, “Revenue Collective,” “we,” “us,” or “our”) is a global invitation-only community of business leaders which provides high-value support services to our members all over the world (collectively, the “Services”).
After reading this Policy, if you have additional questions or would like further information, please contact us at email@example.com.
2. Personal Data We Collect And How We Use It
As further explained below, we collect and process personal data only for lawful reasons, such as when the processing is necessary to perform a contract (for example, to provide Services to our members), our legitimate business interests, such as improving, personalizing, marketing, and developing the Services and promoting safety and security, or, where required, obtaining your consent.
Information We Collect From You
Applications, Forms, and Profile Data: If you apply for membership or the associate program with us or submit a form seeking more information, you provide all of the information requested in the application or form, including but not limited to your name, gender, email, phone, address, employment information, and other information about your professional interests, goals, background, and experience.
Payment Data: If you are accepted for membership, we will collect payment information for your monthly or annual membership dues. Please note that we do not store your payment information, but the third-party payment processors we engage may retain your payment information in accordance with their own privacy policies and terms.
Inquiries, Discussions, and Other Data: You may interact with us or other members through our Slack channel, online contact form, email, or any other communication mechanism. When using these channels, you typically provide your name, profile picture, email, phone, employment information, professional background, and any other information you choose to provide at your option.
Event Audio and Video: We may record audio and/or video of our members, sponsors, and panelists at events for marketing purposes and also so members who were unable to attend the event live may watch or listen to it at a later date. We also may request that our members provide testimonials for our marketing purposes.
No Sensitive Information: Please do not provide any highly sensitive personal data to us – such as social security numbers, health or medical information, racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, or data concerning a person’s sex life or sexual orientation. We do not intentionally process highly sensitive personal data and reserve the right to reject or delete it.
Information We Collect from Third Parties
From time to time, we may collect personal data from third parties such as public websites or social networks, such as LinkedIn. This information may include names, contact information, email, professional or employment information, and other information which is publicly available.
We may use information collected from third parties for our own promotional or marketing purposes, such as sending prospective members emails about our Services.
In sum, we use data collected from you or third parties for:
– Membership: We use your application and interview data to determine whether to grant you membership to Revenue Collective.
– Provide, Improve, and Maintain the Services: We use the data you provide to set up your account profile; provide, improve, and customize the Services; receive or make payments; and communicate with you about your account and the Services.
– Marketing: We may use your information to market and promote our Services. You may opt-out of marketing communications at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or clicking the “Unsubscribe” button in the applicable communication.
– Protect You and the Services: We use the information we collect to promote the safety and security of the Services, our members, and other parties. For example, we may use personal information to authenticate users, facilitate secure payments, protect against fraud and abuse, respond to a legal request or claim, conduct audits, or enforce our contracts and policies that may be in effect.
Information We Collect Automatically
We collect certain information via cookies and similar automated means when you use the Services and visit our website, some of which may be personal data. Cookies and similar technologies do not gather your unique personal data, like name, date of birth, gender, or email. Rather, the information collected by cookies and other automated means is generally about your devices, such as type of device, settings, frequency of usage, search history, IP address, browser used, operating system and settings, access times, and referring URL. This data may be collected by or shared with our third-party analytics partners.
In sum, we use data collected automatically from your devices for the following purposes:
Revenue Collective and its analytics partners and service providers use the automatically collected data described above to provide and improve the Services, including to:
– keep track of your preferences and account information,
– customize Services and content,
– measure promotional effectiveness,
– estimate your general location and time zone, and
– secure your account
3. How We Share Your Information
We share your personal data with the following types of third parties for the purpose of providing, improving, promoting, and securing the Services:
– IT service providers, like Google, to store and secure your personal data
– Customer resource management (CRM) tools to internally manage our member and prospective member base
– Chat platforms, like Slack, to facilitate discussions with us and among our members
– Email and communications partners to send you marketing emails and generally communicate with you
– Payment processors, such as Stripe and Moonclerk, to collect your dues and process payments
– Analytics and measurement partners to help us improve, customize, and promote the Services
We also may share your information as required by law, to investigate potential illegal activities or violations of agreements, to protect the security of our Services and members, or as a result of a merger, acquisition, or assignment with a third party.
A note about how we share your data with our event sponsors:
If you attend one of our sponsored events, we may share your name, email, job information, and LinkedIn profile with the sponsor for their own marketing and business purposes. If we are required to do so under applicable law, we will obtain your consent before sharing your data with our sponsors for their own purposes.
Other than the limited sharing with sponsors described above, we do not sell, rent, or lease your personal data to third parties or share personal data with third parties for their own marketing or business purposes.
4. Controlling Your Account and Your Rights
To submit a question or concern about how to control, modify, or cancel your membership or data, contact us at email@example.com. Depending on your location, you may have certain legal rights regarding your personal data, including:
– You may request access to your personal data and obtain information about our processing of your personal data, with whom we share your personal data, and your rights.
– You may request that we restrict our processing of your personal data.
– You may object to our processing of your personal data.
– If we process personal data based on your consent, you may withdraw your consent.
– You may correct personal data that is inaccurate or incomplete.
– You may request that we delete your personal data or provide a copy of it to you.
We may request proof of your identity before acting upon any request. To submit a question or concern about your rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you live in the EEA, UK, or Switzerland, and you are unsatisfied with our response, you have the right to lodge a complaint regarding your personal data with an applicable supervisory authority.
5. How We Protect and Store Your Information
We maintain reasonable administrative, technical, and organizational safeguards designed to protect against loss, misuse, or unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction of the personal data that we collect. We restrict access to personal data collected about you to our employees, contractors, and certain third-party service providers as discussed above. Please note, however, that no website or storage mechanism can guarantee 100% security.
Generally, we store your personal data for as long as required to provide the Services to you, and when you cancel your membership, we take reasonable steps to delete your personal data within a reasonable period of time. Sometimes, we may retain your account information for a period of time after cancellation to allow you to efficiently reinstate your account, if you so choose. We also may retain certain personal data after you cancel your account to the extent necessary to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations, for the purpose of fraud monitoring, detection and prevention, and for our tax, accounting, and financial reporting obligations. Where we retain data, we do so in accordance with any limitation periods and records retention obligations that are imposed by applicable law.
Our Services are intended for adults 18 years of age or older. We do not knowingly collect personal data from children under 18. If we learn that we have collected any personal information from a child under 18, we will take reasonable steps to delete such information. Parents or guardians who believe that their child has submitted personal information to us and would like to have it deleted should contact us at email@example.com.
7. International Transfers
8. Links to Other Websites
We may provide links to other websites as a service to you or in order to provide you additional venues in which you can leverage or share the opportunities of the Services. Please be aware that we have no affiliation with these other parties, and cannot control and are not responsible for their information collection, use, and disclosure practices. Please review and understand their privacy practices and policies, if any, before providing any personal data to them or using any of their services. We are not responsible for the content or information of these third-party sites, any products or services that may be offered through them, or any other use of the sites.
10. Contact Us
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns regarding this Policy or our practices please feel free to write to us at:
Revenue Collective, Inc.
Attn: Data Privacy Team
302 West 12th Street
New York, NY 10014