Revenue Collective Code of Conduct
Updated on: March 2, 2020
This Code of Conduct applies to your participation and involvement in any part of Revenue Collective’s Services, whether you are a Member or other user of the Services or any part thereof, that involves other Members or participants, including without limitation your participation in any Event or any of your Member Contributions. All capitalized terms not defined in this Code of Conduct shall have the meanings set forth for such terms in Revenue Collective’s Terms of Service.
Your Participation in Events, Interactive Features, and Other Revenue Collective Activities
Revenue Collective is committed to creating a healthy, exciting, respectful, supportive community and environment for all Members and other participants participating in any Revenue Collective-related activities, including at or through any Event or otherwise on or through the Platform.
With that goal Revenue Collective asks each Member and other participant to adhere to the following guidelines when attending or participating at any Event, when using the Platform or when engaged in any other communications with Revenue Collective Members and other users of the Services in the context of any Revenue Collective activities:
- Participate Actively and Thoughtfully: You are expected to participate in and contribute to all Events and other Revenue Collective-related activities you take part in authentically and actively. In doing so, you contribute to the health and longevity of the Revenue Collective community.
- Help Your Fellow Members When You are Able to Do So: You are expected to be responsive and helpful to your fellow Members. For instance, when there is a Member traveling to your city, a Member asking for help or even just a Member who wants to meet for coffee, we ask that you respond promptly (whether you can or cannot be of assistance) and to offer reasonable assistance if your schedule permits.
- Be Considerate and Respectful: You are expected to exercise consideration and respect in your speech and actions.
- No Demeaning, Discriminatory or Harassing Speech or Actions: You are expected to refrain from demeaning, discriminatory, or harassing behavior and speech. This includes without limitation harmful or prejudicial verbal or written comments related to gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, disability; inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images (including presentation slides); inappropriate depictions of violence (including presentation slides); deliberate intimidation, stalking or following; harassing photography or recording; sustained disruption of an Event or other Revenue Collective-related activities; inappropriate physical contact, and unwelcome sexual attention. Event venues may be shared with members of the public, so please be respectful to all other persons at these locations.
- Privacy and Confidentiality: Many Revenue Collective Events and many interactions between Members and others through the Platform or otherwise in the context of Revenue Collective activities are intended to be private and confidential between the participants. As such, you must agree and adhere to each of the following privacy and confidentiality guidelines:
- Any information you learn about another Member through Revenue Collective, whether at, from or through an Event, the Platform or otherwise, must be kept private and confidential and only shared with others Members and persons for Revenue Collective unless the Member that such information concerns expressly permits wider disclosure.
- Likewise, that information cannot be used for any purpose other than for internal Revenue Collective purposes (discussions with others Members, to provide advice to another Member, etc.) unless the Member that such information concerns expressly permits otherwise.
- If you learn something about a Member in a small group setting (for example, a Revenue Collective dinner) or in a one-on-one setting (such as a coaching session), you will not share that information with anyone not present, even other Members, unless the Member that such information concerns expressly consents.
- Safety and Mindfulness! You are expected to be mindful of your surroundings and of your fellow Members and other participants in Event and other Revenue Collective-related activities. Notwithstanding our guidelines on privacy and confidentiality (see 5 above), you are required to alert Revenue Collective management and/or Event or other activity leaders or organizers (for example, the head of your Revenue Collective chapter or such other Event or activity leaders or organizers as may be present) if you notice a dangerous situation, someone in distress, or someone engaging in demeaning, discriminatory or harassing behavior towards another Member or other individual, even if that seems inconsequential to you.
- Legal Compliance: Your Member Contributions must in their entirety comply with all applicable federal, state, local, and international laws and regulations.
- Your Contributions as a Member: Without limiting anything in the Terms of Service that may also be applicable, Member Contributions must not:
- Contain any material or content that is defamatory, obscene, indecent, abusive, offensive, harassing, violent, hateful, inflammatory, or otherwise objectionable.
- Promote sexually explicit or pornographic material, violence, or discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age.
- Infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or other intellectual property or other rights of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Promote any illegal activity, or advocate, promote, or assist any unlawful act.
- Cause annoyance, inconvenience, or needless anxiety or be likely to upset, embarrass, alarm, or annoy any other person.
- Impersonate any person or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or organization.
- Involve commercial activities or sales, such as contests, sweepstakes, and other sales promotions, barter, or advertising.
- Give the impression that they emanate from or are endorsed by Revenue Collective or any other person or entity if this is not the case.
Consequences of Violating the Code of Conduct
Violations of this Code of Conduct by any Member or other participant or user of the Services will not be tolerated. Anyone asked to stop the applicable conduct is expected to comply immediately.
If any Member or other participant or user of the Services violates the Code of Conduct, Revenue Collective or others acting at their direction may take any action they deem appropriate, up to and including ejecting someone from an Event, temporarily suspending or permanently banning an individual’s Membership or temporarily suspending or permanently terminating a person’s access right to access or use some or all of the Services. No refund of any Membership Fees or other fees or charges would be provided in any such event.
If You Witness or Are Subject to Unacceptable Behavior
If you are subject to or witness a violation of the Code of Conduct or have any other concerns, please notify Revenue Collective as soon as possible at firstname.lastname@example.org. In the context of any in-person Events, Revenue Collective will also provide escorts as desired by a person experiencing distress.
If you feel you have been falsely or unfairly accused of violating this Code of Conduct, you should notify Revenue Collective at email@example.com with a concise description of your grievance. Your grievance will be handled in accordance with our existing governing policies.
License and attribution
This Code of Conduct is based on part on the Berlin Code of Conduct, which is distributed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-SA 4.0) license.